March 07, 2006

Cat and Maus (3/3 Game recap)

We finished up in Buche and sailed to Charouse. Charouse is the Capital of Montaigne and with the Captain wanted for piracy, she needs to careful so that she does not get seen. She also needed to get in touch with Raith, without getting spotted by DuSoir. I volunteered to go in and try to find Raith, even though I don't know that he looks like. As I was talking with the captain, she said she would go in but can't because people know her here and she might get spotted. So I asked, “What if you didn’t look like yourself?”

She looked puzzled at first, and asked, “What, like a disguise?”

I answered “Yes.”

“Well I tried that once before, but it didn’t work. I’m not good at pretending to be a Montaigne peasant.” She answered.

“So then we won’t make you look a Montaigne peasant.” I responded. “What can you pretend to be?” The captain decided on Eisen merchant, I would act as her translator. We would enter the city in hopes that we run into Raith. Maus accompanied us as well.

I went to my footlocker, grabbed some items then found a quite, empty area of the ship. Then I reached into the shadow and pulled out the black bag. I retrieved the disguise kit from the bag and placed the bag back into the shadow. I looked at the disguise kit for a moment, thought to myself, “I hope I know what I’m doing.” Then I returned to the captain’s quarters. After an hour or so of applying makeup, some hair dyes and a change of clothes, we had Izzie looking completely different. I had even surprised myself; I tried to hide that fact, because Izzie needed to be confident in my work, so she could act as a Eisen merchant. I believe I hide my surprise well because Izzie didn’t question a thing and entered the streets of Charouse without fear of getting spotted. I then returned the kit to the black bag, making sure no one saw me pulling the bag from the shadows. I then return to main deck, meant up if Izzie and Maus and enter the streets of Charouse. Jacqueline also entered the city and meant with some of her contacts.

We went to many pubs and taverns that Raith would visit, but we didn’t see him. We then went to the capital offices were Raith would be. I stayed outside the main entrance and waited to see if Raith came out. The captain and Maus went to the Rose & Cross chapter house. As I waited outside DuSoir exited the Capital building and headed down the street. I was tempted to follow him but stayed and waited for Captain Izzie to return. A few minutes later the captain and Maus returned. I told Captain Izzie of DuSoir, she too was tempted to follow after him but decided it was better to return to the ship. She gave a message to the R&C that would get delivered to Raith. Shortly after returning to the ship Jacqueline returned with news that she might be able to get a message to Raith through the Musketeers.

No comments: