July 21, 2008

Birthday Gift Spoiler

NBC announced that for my birthday next year they will be giving me, drum roll please, Jay Leno's retirement.

May 29th, a day early but I'm not complaining, will be Jay's last show. As a fan of the late night television, Jay as a sub for Johnny, he was alright at best. But as the full time replacement has always been an disappointment to me. His jokes, well jokes are suppose to be funny. Although I am a big fan of the self-deprecating humor, but his chin jokes have been played out. His other bits have either been done before or are like his jokes not funny. As an interviewer, he is bland and asks inane questions and when he has nowhere to go, directs conversation back to his enormously large chin. YES I GET IT JAY, YOUR CHIN IS BIG! Move on.

Although to be fair I haven't watched Jay in years, so it may have changed, but somehow I doubt it. Either way, I may start watching the Tonight show again.

I haven't decided if I'm going to watch the last episode. If I do, it will only be so I can always remember how sucky it was.

Thanks NBC, it was long time coming.

No comments: