April 13, 2009

Food for Gamers 2

Last Friday for the Houses of the Blooded Cabal game, I thought I'd forgo the chips, cookies, or other sugary snacks that I normally bring for something a little more Ven. So I'm walking around the grocery store, racking my brain for something simple yet tasty and hors d’œuvre like to get. When I walk past the deli section and see some sliced pepperoni. Then I think of a n old favorite of mine. Salami and cream cream.

Ingredients
• A package of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
• Sliced Salami

Directions
1. Spread some cream cheese on a slice of Salami.
2. Roll Salami
3. Eat

Another tasty, yet simple treat. You can do all the work, or you can just put everything out on a plate and let everyone spread their own. Which is what I did. If I was hosting a special Gaming session or a LARP, I might prepare the snack ahead of time. But the way I did it lets the player decide how much cream cheese they want, and tastes may vary.

So at the game, I was the only eating them at first. Which is fine, I love them so I didn't care. But then at a break the other players asked what I was eating. At first they all thought I was crazy, and they maybe right, just not about what I was eating. Everyone had to try it and they were surprised at how good it was. They all said something to the fact that, "I would never have guessed that salami and cream cheese would go together." So if your looking for something different, give it a try if you haven't already. You might be surprised.

No comments: