December 26, 2009

Children of the Mirror: The Introduction

A few years back John Wick posted on his Live Journal page an idea for a horror based superheroes game call Children of the Mirror. (I'd post a link here except it's for friends only.) Since I love Superheroes and Horror stories I doubly loved the idea. It was just an idea and didn't go anywhere as Mr. Wick was busy with writing and publishing Houses of the Blooded. You can check out more John's works here.

After reading his post, I had a story idea and started writing. The inspiration died and other ideas moved to the forefront. But I saved a copy of John's post to my gmail files. Recently I was going through some of those files, throwing away old files I don't need any more, when I came across the Children of the Mirror. Not only did I have another idea for a story, but this time a campaign. Since it is just a story idea I don't need to know how the systems works, which is good because John didn't go into any details other then character creation and how it uses a deck of playing cards instead of dice. So if I ever get to run this I will probably have to create my own rules system, unless I get a chance to talk to John about it.

I am hoping that I can post some of my ideas here. Stay tuned.

No comments: