September 10, 2008

Boston Tea Party

After the betrayal of the Libertarian Party nominating Bob Barr. Probably the most un-liberty of Libertarian, I no longer can support the Libertarian Party. So today I was looking at Presidential nominees, hoping to find someone that I can in good conscious vote for. I think I've found a new political party to get behind. The Boston Tea Party. First of all I love the name. It inspires the images of the Founding Father revolting against the tyranny of King George. Second I love their party platform.
"The Boston Tea Party supports reducing the size, scope and power of government at all levels and on all issues, and opposes increasing the size, scope and power of government at any level, for any purpose."
That's it, plan and simple, an entire platform summed up in one sentence. I love it nearly as much as the Libertarian Party Oath. Too bad the Libertarian Party can even live up to their own oath.

Unfortunately I will not be able to vote for my candidate, Charles Jay. Because the Dems and Republicans have made it hard for 3rd party candidates even get on ballots. As for as I can tell, Jay is not on the ballot in Arizona. Since Ross Perot '92 Presidential bid, the Dems and Republicans have made it even harder. We are told that voting is the most important thing we can do. But then limit our voting options? So what your telling me is Vote, as long as its for a Republican or a Democrat. Sorry, I don't either options. I think you both are two sides to the same coin. Others say to vote for one the one that is the lesser of two evils. I'm sorry I can't vote for evil, because either way it's a vote for evil. So I will excersice my right to vote. Even if it's one that some will say is a wasted vote. Either way my conscious will be clear and will continue to vote, until that right gets taken away as so many of other rights have. When that happens, then what do we do?

Boston Tea Party Wiki page.


“If I can't dance - I don't want to be part of your revolution”
~ Emma Goldman

No comments: