September 16, 2008

Fantasy Football: Week 2 Reflections

Had another good week despite losing 58 to 66 versus Tigers.

I figured it would be a tough week, but I still felt confident. I was up against Aaron Rodgers, Greg Jennings of Green Bay. GB was up against the Lousy Detroit Lion so I figured they'd put up good numbers. And they did. Rodgers scored 16 points throwing 3 TD's. Luckily none of them went to Jennings, but he did have 167 yards.
I was also up against Adrian Peterson from Minnesota. He too had a good week running for 180 yards but again I caught a brake because he did not get into the end zone. What I did not expect was Calvin Johnson scoring 2 TD's.

I kept my line up the same. Although I did think about pulling D.J. Hackett for Justin Gage because Hackett was against the tough Bears Defense and Gage was against a weaker Cincinnati defense. If I had followed my instinct, I would have tied my game, but would have lost in the tie breaker. Sometimes you just can't catch a break. This is the most frustrating thing about fantasy Football. The luck of the draw. I was 4th highest point scorer of the week and played the 3rd highest point scorer. There was a team that scored 39 points and won their game. Grrrr, I tell you, grrrr. The average points scored this week was 49.69. Average for the year 46.75.

My Running backs, Frank Gore and Maurice Jones-Drew had ok weeks. Both managed to score, but got under a hundred yards. My receivers Donald Driver and Hines Ward also had ok weeks. They too also grabbed a TD but also failed to get over hundred yards. D.J. Hackett sucked failing to get a TD and only had 22 yards. I think this week I will pull him for Justin Gage. Ben Roethlisberger, my Quarterback got me 6 points. I was hoping for more. 10 more would have been great. Another good week for my defense considering. An excellent week from my kicker David Akers.

Next week we have the Wolfpack.

No comments: