September 09, 2008

Fantasy Football: Week 1 Reflections

Last Sunday I drafted my Fantasy Football Team. This week the NFL Football Season officially started this week and so my FFL season started as well.

MY Team consists of 16 Player.
Quarterbacks
Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
Matt Leinart, Arizona Cardinals
Troy Smith, Baltimore Ravens

Running Backs
Frank Gore, San Francisco 49ers
Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars
Kevin Faulk, New England Patriots
Julius Jones, Seattle Seahawks
Maurice Morris, Seattle Seahawks
Dominic Rhodes, Indianapolis Colts

Wide Receivers
Donald Driver, Green Bay Packers
D.J. Hackett, Carolina Panthers
Hines Ward, Pittsburgh Steelers
Justin Gage, Tennessee Titans

Kickers
David Akers, Philadelphia Eagles
Kris Brown, Houston Texans

Defense
Buffalo Bills

Starters were;
Ben Roethlisberger (QB)
Frank Gore (RB)
Maurice Jones-Drew (RB)
Donald Driver (WR)
D.J. Hackett (WR)
Hines Ward (WR)
David Akers (K)
Buffalo (Def)

I had a good week 1 over all, scoring 56 points. The Average for the week was 43.8 points. Last year average was 48.1. Winning my game over Easy Money, 56 to 50. I also was the highest points scorer for my division, and the 5th highest overall. I'm off to good start but it's week 1, I still have at least 13 more games. Hopefully 17.

Big Ben gave me 8 points. Not bad, but was hoping for a little more. I was expecting 10-15 points. He did throw 2 TD's, which both went to Hines Ward which helped. Hopefully he can do better next week.

At Running back Gore had good week for me. Running for over 150 yards and a TD despite losing to Arizona. I fear it will be a long season for my Niners. :(
M. Jones-Drew on the other hand had an off week running for only 50 yards. But his O-line was banged up a bit and they were up against a pretty good defense.

At wide receiver, Hines Ward had a really good week with 2 TD's. I don't expect this every week, but it's a good start. D.J. Hackett only got 48 yards. 2 yards short of another point. He was just back from an injury and against the San Diego Defense. I expect his numbers to improve next week. Donald Drive only got me me 1 point with 38 yards off 4 reception. Granted a 68 yard TD that got called back because of penalty.

I pretty much got what I expected out of my kicker. My Defense did better then I expected with 2 turnovers and 5 sacks. I hope that becomes a trend.

Next Week I'm up against the Tigers. They lost their game to the Wolfpack, 38 to 44.

No comments: