September 22, 2008

Fantasy Football: Week 3 Reflections

Had an ok week this week. I lost 40 to 45+ versus the Wolfpack. He has to 2 more players going for tonights game. I am out of players, so chalk up another loss. After 3 weeks I'm 1-2. But on a good note, my San Fran Niners beat the Detroits Lions. They are now 2-1. WOOT. I've also noticed a pattern emerging. Niners lost week 1, I won. Niners win week 2 and 3, I lost week 2 and 3. So if I lose, Niners win. If this is true, then I an more then happy to take one for the team and lose my remaining games, if the Niners win all of there remaining games.

Ben Roethlisberger, my QB, disappointed me again. I only got 2 points out of him. Don't know what to do with him at this point. I picked up Brian Griese for Big Ben's bye week. But now I wonder if I shouldn't start him instead. I think I will have to monitor match-ups. Griese throw 2 TD's and passed for over 400 yards. Ben has yet to throw for over 200 yards.

All of my running backs did good. I decided to go with Frank Gore and bench Maurice Jones-Drew for Julius Jones. Both Jones and Gore had good weeks. Both got over 100 yards and a Touchdown. Jones-Drew also did good again the Colts. He finally got a over 100 yards and scored a TD.

Wide Receivers, since Roethlisberger had a bad game, Hines Ward also had a bad week. Donald Driver got about what I expected. I had to use D.J. Hackett because Justin Gage had a groin injury. But I got a point out of him, which was more then I expected.

Kicker and Defense I got 10 points from the 2 of them. Less then I had hoped.

Going into Monday Night Football, the weekly average is 41 points. So not too bad, staying in the points hunt. But the average will go up after tonight.

Edit:
With Monday Night Football over, I lost my game, 65 to 40. Average for the week was 47.625. Average for the year is 47.042. I dropped to the 7th highest point scorer in the league. Still in the top half. Hope I have a good week next week. Interesting note, the division I'm in is leading in total points scored. We have averaged 49.667 points over the first 3 weeks. That's not good for me. But we are out of Division play. So we be going against those weaker teams. Hopefully I can get those wins I'll need. Also I'm leading in most points scored against. Not the stat you want to lead in.

Next week I'm up against the 905 Lions. They are 2-1, scored a total of 153 points. So we are about even in that regards. I've scored a total of 154 points.

No comments: