November 04, 2008

HotB: Demo at Game Depot




Last Saturday I ran a Houses of the Blooded demo at Game Depot in Tempe. It went really well. I had 4 players that all seemed interested in the game after the demo. Some had read about it and were unsure about spending the money on it. I think they will be more likely to purchase after having played the game and seeing the book.

I got to touch on Sorcery, how wagers work, the Senate, vassals, and general ven culture. To sum up the adventure, I had the players all play barons under Duchess Mira Yvarai, a character from our playtesting. One of the players was wronged by an enemy of Mira. I had the player roll wisdom risks to establish facts about who was wronged and how and what to do about it. The adventure then wrote itself. In the end, Revenge was settled. But all the players owe Count Kether a favor. One player owes Kether his votes in the senate. It wasn't said, but had we had more time the other players would have owed him the same thing.

All in all, I was very pleased with how things ran. I plan on running another one in the future.



Ambition and morality never sleep in the same bed.

No comments: