November 13, 2008

New found respect for President-Elect Obama

One hand I was glad to see Obama elected. Not that I felt he was the best man for the job, because I don't. (Not that I felt McCain was any better.) But because it was another example that in America you can do whatever it is you want too. Not because you are entitled to it, but because you worked hard at it. Over the years I become disillusioned with both Republicans and Democrats. There are some views I agree with Republicans on. Just as there are some views I agree with Democratic on. Both parties have infringed upon our God given rights. And neither try to undo what the other have done.
Mostly I've become cynical to our democratic process. I hear all the politicians promising great things and then once they get elected they do whatever it is they want to do and forget all the promises they made to get there. I'm sure Barack Obama will be no different, but before I bag on him, I have to to give credit were credit is due. He's a geek. Read the article below and see why.
5 Lessons We Hope Obama Learned from Spider-Man

No comments: