October 07, 2008

Fantasy Football: Week 4 and Week 5 Reflections

Week 4
Despite having an off week, I won my game 35 to 28.
None of my players scored a TD and the only position that did anything useful was my defense scoring a TD off a fumble recovery. My QB, Roethlisberger did nothing the first half, but managed to have an respectable finish with 1 TD pass and had is best game of the year (which isn't saying much) with 191 yards. But me managed to say in the entire game. Wide receivers sucked I got a 2 points out of the whole bunch. My running backs did a little better. Frank Gore had a decent game, running/receiving for over 100 yards and catching a 2 point conversion, but was kept form scoring a TD. Jones-Drew had only 49 yards. Had a another good game from my kicker David Akers of Philadelphia.
Picked up Greg Camarillo of Miami in waivers.
Since I won my game, my Niners lost, so we are both 2-2
Averages for week 4.
Average points scored in week 4, 49.188
Average weekly points scored for the year, 47.578

Week 5
Lost to Pool Boy 47 to 62. Currently 2-3.
I'm frustrated with my Quarterbacks. I'm losing faith in Roethlisberger. He is always injured and has not had decent week. He was up against another tough defensive team vs. the pass. Brian Griese of Tampa Bay has been look good at times. Had a really good week a couple weeks ago and is up against an easier defensive team. Although I don't think he is the better QB, I played him instead of Roethlisberger. Ben was listed as questionable even though I figured he'd play. And his tough match-up on the road, and the fact I'm sick of watching him suck it up as my bench guy does better I pulled him. I've come to realize I'm cursed. It doesn't matter who I start, they will suck. Griese struggled against Denver. He only had 88 yards and then got knocked out of the game from a blind sided hit. Next week Is Ben Roethlisberger's bye week so I may not even have a starting QB. My Defense is also off so I was planning on using waivers to pick up one. But now I'm wondering if Garcia will now be starting for Tampa Bay next week. Since I benched Ben, he had a great game, finally got over the 200 yard mark by throwing for 300 yards and throwing 3 TD's. If I would have started him I would have gotten 15 points out of him. Instead I got 1 point from Griese. Still would have lost my game, but it would have only been by 1 point. My Defense last week was my savior, but this week did nothing against the Cardinals. COME ON??? it's the Cardinals. WTF. Grrrr. My Receivers decided to show up this week got a TD from each of them as well as a TD from both my Running backs. Expected a little more out of my kicker, he missed a 50 yard field goal, but other then that kicked 2 extra points and 23 yard field goal. That netted me 5 points. Had he hit the 50 yarder, would have gotten an additional 5 points for that one.
Averages for week 5.
Average points scored in week 5, 49.563
Average weekly points scored for the year, 47.975

My Niners also lost so that breaks the streak of they win when I lose and vice versa.
Up next week, the 3-2 GridIron Doom. Total points scored by Doom, 267.
Expecting a bad week. I have 4 of my regular starters on Bye weeks and the players I had expected to replace them are banged up and may not start.

No comments: