October 07, 2008

Road Trip: Arizona and New Mexico

Wednesday Sept. 24th
I pick up my rental car from Budget. It was a new red Saturn Vue and had only 750 miles on it. It had many more after I was finished. Around 1pm I left my house for Iowa. Over 1700 miles. On the first day I traveled over 700 miles, making it to the Colorado New Mexico border before bedding down for a few hours of sleep.


On the Road 5
Originally uploaded by Skald_Saga
About 20 minutes outside of Flagstaff I ran into a bit of traffic. Apparently there was an accident on the freeway and caused traffic to stop. We sat for about 10 minutes before traffic started moving again. This gave me a chance to play around with my camera.











AZ NM Border 2
Originally uploaded by Skald_Saga
Near the New Mexico border I pulled over to take a few more photos. You can see all of my photos at my Flickr page including the photo merge I did from 5 separate photos. Some of the photos were taken while I was driving. They actually came out better then I had expected. Look for the reflection of the camera in some of the photos.








Photomerge



AZ NM Border 1
Originally uploaded by Skald_Saga























AZ NM Border 3
Originally uploaded by Skald_Saga
Photo take of the sign welcoming me to New Mexico.
















AZ NM Border 9
Originally uploaded by Skald_Saga

1 comment:

nicnac said...

Nice photos. I think I like the ones out of the mirror the best - they give such an interesting perspective on things. The scenery is beautiful as well, don't get me wrong. There is just something about the mirror shots is all.