October 16, 2008

Rule 1 of Gaming

I'm currently reading the Runaways trade paperback comic. I'm up to Volume 3: The Good Die Young. Towards the end, when the kids discover who was the traitor in their midst, this panel comes up. I laughed so hard I nearly fell off the bed.

Perhaps you have to be a gamer to find the humor in it. I thought is was perfect and completely true. That I had to share.

If you haven't read the series, I highly recommend it. The writing is excellent. It's written by Brian K. Vaughan. If you know anything about comics that should tell you something.

It's about 6 kids who discover that their parents are part of a secret society of villains. They runaway after witnessing a murder of girl as part of an annual ritualistic sacrifice that their parents must make. They also learn that as they reach puberty that they have superhuman powers. They form a rag-tag superhero group that vows to go after their parents and bring them to justice.

Even if your not a comic fan but want a good coming of age story, you'll like it.

A+

No comments: